Proof-of-concept for scalable analog blocks using the PDKMaster framework
- Speaker(s): Staf Verhaegen
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Gitlab: Fatsie, FatsieFS, stafverhaegen-chipflow
PDKMaster is a framework for providing uniform python API for handling foundry PDKs and defining circuit and their layouts. This is then used in generators for for example standard cells, IO cells, SRAM compiler. Based on the PDKMaster these are generator are easily portable between different technologies. This framework was already presented on FSiC 2022.
In this talk the result of a first investigation to use the framework for the design and layout of analog block is presented. It is based on an alternative analog design flow that uses python notebooks for design of the analog circuits.
- Blog posts:
- Open discussion: Chips4Makers/community gitter.im matrix room
- Full digital support for open source IHP SG13G2 technology
- Roadmap for analog development will depend on user feedback and future collaborations