GHDL and the economy of EDA FOSS
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Speaker: Tristan Gingold
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The talk will be split into 3 parts:
- A presentation of GHDL, an open-source VHDL simulator. Main features, architecture, short history and purpose
- The future of GHDL. This conference is a good place to discuss about how a project can help another one. In particular which features are expected from other projects.
- My own experience about the economy of EDA FOSS. Why is it difficult to built a FOSS ecosystem? What kind of EDA FOSS do we want ?
- Repository: https://github.com/ghdl/ghdl
- Main documentation website: https://ghdl.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHDL
- Wiki page on wiki.f-si.org: https://wiki.f-si.org/index.php/XXX-YYY-ZZZ
- The software has been used in the following projects: PoC, VUnit, edaplayground.com
- This subject will be discussed during the presentation.
- The project seeks help on: ... many aspects. Contributions are always welcome.